On Thursday, the 17th of June, we celebrated the 3rd anniversary of our Perth Office. Over the past 3 years, we have worked hard to build a community for start-ups to collaborate, share knowledge and experiences, build networks with key stakeholders to the WA start-up ecosystem, all with the aim to successfully scale all of the businesses in our community.
The last year has been challenging for all businesses, from large corporates to small start-ups. We wanted to create an event not only to celebrate our anniversary, but to put the challenges of the past year behind us and renew networking opportunities within our community.
To mark the special occasion, we put together a panel of experts across large corporates to early-stage businesses. The aim was to share their insights on how Covid-19 has impacted their businesses and what are the key expectations for collaboration between entrepreneurs and corporations going forward. Our panel of experts included:
· Paul Faix the Founder at Fortix,
· Tina Ambrose the Co-Chair at WiTWA and Founder of Valrose,
· Imogen Bartlett the Senior Innovation Manager at Optus,
· Alice Chen the Senior Manager of People Advisory Services at EY, and
· Mark Thomas the GM of Technology and Autonomy at Fortescue Metal Group.
Moderated by our CEO, Bradley Delamare, his familiarity and knowledge concerning the start-up's sector allowed him to guide a truly dynamic and interactive discussion.