What you can expect:
Regulatory Technology (“RegTech”) is a new and rapidly rising phenomenon within the financial services industry. RegTech solutions utilise technologies such as cloud computing, machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve regulatory compliance challenges. With a shortage in talent and skills in risk and compliance becoming a real challenge to organisations, innovative RegTech solutions are strongly positioned to help them deal with their massive regulatory change agendas.
ISACA Sydney Chapter, together with MEETIG8, is bringing together RegTech startup founders, thought leaders, industry practitioners adopting RegTech solutions; who will educate delegates on what exactly RegTech is, what problems it solves, who is in the RegTech eco-system and what the opportunities are.
You will hear from exciting RegTech startups, industry practitioners and members of The RegTech Association; and have a great opportunity to network with industry professionals.
With Australia being ranked Number 3 in the world in terms of concentration of RegTech firms, this session will cover key topics such as:
- the RegTech eco-system in Australia
- how companies are preparing themselves to adopt RegTech solutions
- learn about the work that The RegTech Association is currently doing with regulators, RegTech companies and regulated entities
- case studies from various RegTechs
Presenters and panelists include:
- Deborah Young, CEO, The RegTech Association
- Evan Wong, Founder and CEO, Checkbox.ai
- Steven York, General Manager, Group Risk Innovation and Chief Security Officer, Bank of Queensland
- James Lai, Founder and CEO, MEETIG8
Following the presentation, please join us in congratulating our February-May and June-September 2018 Certification Top Scorers; and enjoy some networking festivities with your fellow delegates.